Write Naked is a writing life cut open.
This site launched in 2011 and is maintained by Tara Lynne Groth, a freelance writer in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. She lives in a small town with the love of her life. When she’s not writing, you can find her chasing their backyard chickens or tending to her bees. She loves food, Paris, National Parks, and barre. The ballet one, not the beer kind. She is the author of Magazine Queries That Worked: Build Income and Authority With Freelance Journalism (June 2017).
Here you will find occasional vignettes from the freelance writing life, behind-the-pen scoop on articles, tips for working with editors, overviews of conferences, interviews with publishers, guest bloggers in the publishing industry, and a few miscellaneous blogs on travel and motorcycles with a writerly twist.
- Top 10 Finalist, WOW! Women on Writing 2018 Winter Flash Fiction Contest
- Selected to the 4-day fiction workshop at the 2018 Looking Glass Rock Writers Conference
- 2nd Place, WOW! Women on Writing 2016 Summer Flash Fiction Contest
- Semifinalist, James Applewhite Poetry Prize 2015 and 2016
- Honorable Mention in Fiction, Carolina Woman Writing Contest 2015
- Poetry Selected for Community Sculptures, Storefronts by Associated Artists 2014
- Scholarship Recipient for Short Fiction, Southampton Writers Conference 2009
Read more about her writing awards.