*Only send your pitch during an OPEN reading period.*
2017 READING SCHEDULE:
January 1 – March 31: Open
April 1 – June 30: Closed
July 1 – September 30: Open
October 1 – December 31: Closed
Guest bloggers on Write Naked receive $50.00. Posts run 450-650 words.
If I am particularly impressed with a contributor they will receive $200.00 in lieu of standard compensation. If you are interested in writing a blog post for Write Naked, here are the guidelines…
- Send a pitch during a CLOSED reading period. If you are reading this during a CLOSED reading period (see schedule above) I will not read your pitch and it will be deleted.
- Send more than 1 pitch before you hear back from me
- Follow-up or check-in just to confirm receipt. Because I personally respond to all queries, I am unable to respond to inquiries about the status of submissions. Please be patient. I may respond in 1 day or I may respond the day before the reading period closes.
- Send irrelevant topics. Write Naked does not publish pieces featuring: Mental illness, depression, anxiety, PTSD, sports, pet care, stay-at-home parenting, blatant promotion of you/your book, offensive content.
- Send attachments
- Send a COMPLETE QUERY with NO attachments. I provide a successful sample query letter here and all of my successful query letters here. Queries must include:
- Your pitch (only one, please)
- Why you are the best person to write it (experience/credentials, links to clips)
- Information about your platform such as links to social media platforms, info about your newsletter, network, etc. (Please do not tell me to Google you to learn more. I won’t.)
- What section the post will fit in. (See list below.)
- Send your query to info <at> taralynnegroth <dot> com.
Sections accepting posts:
Want to connect with a literary agent? Offer to interview them here. Or interview a freelancer, author or editor. Any figure in publishing is a good interviewee to feature on Write Naked.
- Publishing Trends
Notice a particular genre of fiction is hot right now? Are two big publishing houses merging–how will this affect authors? Suggest a post on topics along these lines.
- Day-in-the-Life of a Writer
Feature a day in your life that illustrates how varied a writer’s life can be. View a sample here.
- Writing Essentials
Do you have insight on copyright you want to share? Did you traditionally publish and then self-publish, or did your article turn into a book? Were you called in for jury duty? Tell me.
- Behind the Pen
Did you self-publish and sell 5,000 copies or more of your book? Find a way to save time and bill more as a freelancer? Pitch a tip or three.
Understand I do not accept posts that appear elsewhere online. I only accept legitimate bloggers who write original content. Learn about duplicate content penalties to understand why I only partner with bloggers who respect guidelines and submit original content.