Today is Write Naked’s 4 Month Anniversary. Yes, that means it’s time for a brownie.
Top Blog Posts About Writing
- My interview with John Gosslee, editor of the Fjords Literary Review, has been viewed over a hundred times.
- My interview with writer Ricky Garni is another popular post. Perhaps it’s his noble endeavor of writing a book every month. Or maybe it’s just because he’s fun.
- Getting rejected seems to be a writer’s guilty pleasure.
- Poets making more than minimum wage is a reality, and I documented it here.
- One of my film production visits gets many visits.
- My $100 bet calling on guest bloggers was uber-popular, and resulted in these bloggers.
Winter Writing Workshops in North Carolina
Another reason to celebrate: I just finished scheduling my winter writing workshops in Raleigh and Asheville. Learn how to start a freelance writing career, work with actors to write better dialogue, use storytelling film techniques in your prose and start taking advantage of tax write-offs for writers.
My heart has been warmed by success stories from writers who attended my workshops. One of our future guest bloggers got her first three magazine articles accepted within just a few months of taking one of my workshops. Another member got her short story published after I recommended a market. I’ll keep writing naked, exploring new writerly endeavors, asking agents and publishers questions, and push you and other writers to strip down to your own voices and make it happen. Be a writer. Because, as I said in my Message From Carrie Bradshaw of the South: That’s the impression I wanted to make.